(3-5 yrs and 6-12 yrs)
Welcome to open art studio for young artists!
This free-style, process-focused, class gives children the freedom to transition freely and joyfully from art station to art station and to use inspired materials to create whatever their hearts desire (without worrying one teeny-tiny bit about the end result!).
I will be there to gently guide the creative process; however, this empowering class is all about exploration, experimentation, self-discovery and independent thinking.
CREATIVE STATIONS CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING 6 ART ZONES:
1) Paint wall- Kids love to paint, especially when making a mess is no big thing... in fact, at the Dreaming Heart it's encouraged! Paint a variety of inspiring and whimsical surfaces (large pieces of paper, dangling objects, wood, mirrors, and more), use a variety of paints (tempera, watercolour, and fingerpaints), and experiment with fun painting tools (like brushes, spray and squirt bottles, sponges, and more).
2) Drawing Station- Draw, doodle, and build on fine motor skills while using pencils, crayons, markers, traceable objects, stamps, rubbing plates, and more! School-aged kids will also have access to wonderfully messy charcoal and pastel.
3) Sculpture Station- Create in 3-D using modelling and air-dry clay. Kiddos will have access to creativity-inducing tools like scissors, stamps/rollers, cookie cutters, and more. Traditional modelling tools will be available to school-aged kids.
4) Free-style Arts & Crafts Station- Explore a wide range of materials and enjoy the freedom to create whatever you want! Glue, scissors, popsicle sticks, pom poms, objects from nature, construction paper, and more! Glitter... yes please!
5) Book Nook- Grab an art-inspired story or colouring book and curl up with a comfy pillow for some relaxing quiet time.
Please dress in art-friendly clothes!
Pre-school class (3-5 yrs):
Caregivers must accompany children in the pre-school program. Each class ends with a 15 minute circle time where I read an art-inspired picture book, followed by a group discussion where we'll share our observations (hmmm... sounds like the makings of an art critique, doesn't it!).
School-age class (6-12 yrs):
Open-studio only; circle time is not offered for this age group.
PRE-SCHOOL 3-5 yrs.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
*caregiver must accompany child
SCHOOL-AGE 6-12 yrs.
Class sizes are limited
Pre-Registration is required.
No drop-ins, please.