PRIVATE PAINT PARTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
REVISION DATE: NOVEMBER 22nd, 2022
These terms and conditions apply to Private Paint Parties provided by The Dreaming Heart Art Studio and authorized staff (“the Studio” or “we” or “us”).
We may amend any of our Terms & Conditions at any time, and without notice. We will post the revised version on our website along with the revision date. The revised version will be effective as of the time it is posted.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms & Conditions, please contact the Studio via email.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before reserving a Private Paint Party and print off a copy for your records.
In reserving a Private Paint Party, you agree to the terms of this agreement which will legally bind you.
"Ms. Rose" means Rose Poirier, the owner and instructor of the Dreaming Heart Art Studio.
“You” means the individual reserving the Private Paint Party.
"Participant(s)" means the person(people) participating in the Private Paint Party.
“Fee(s)” means the fee(s) paid by you to the Studio for the Private Paint Party.
"Venue" means the physical location where your Private Paint Party is being hosted.
“Website” means https://www.thedreamingheartartstudio.com.
"Email" means firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. RESERVATION, RESCHEDULING, & CANCELLATION
The base fee of $280 includes up to 8 participants and up to 1.5 hours of step-by-step instruction. If you have fewer than 8 participants, you are still required to pay the base fee.
The base fee is *non-refundable and is due in full upon reservation in order to secure your Private Paint Party date and time.
We require your total participant number a minimum of 10 days before your Private Paint Party. This will ensure Ms. Rose is able to purchase adequate art materials! *Depending on Studio inventory, we can sometimes accomodate last-minute requests for additional participants. Please don't hesitate to ask!
If you have more than 8 participants attending, additional fees will apply ($25/additional participant) and will be due in full no later than the day of your Private Paint Party (before instruction begins). We recommend that your Private Paint Party does not exceed 30 participants so that Ms. Rose can provide quality instruction.
If you need to reschedule your Private Paint Party, please let us know a minimum of 14 days before your original Private Paint Party date to avoid being charged a rescheduling fee. Rescheduling requests made with less than 14 days' notice will be charged a *non-refundable $50 rescheduling fee, due in full upon rescheduling.
*The only exception when it comes to refunding Fees is if the Studio cancels your Private Paint Party, in which case you will be refunded in full.
3. ADULT PARTICIPATION & SUPERVISION
Private Paint Parties are kid-focused events (6+ yrs.). While not necessary, adults are welcome to paint alongside the children, however, they will be counted toward the participant total.
- You must ensure there is at least one parent/guardian in attendance for the duration of your Private Paint Party. This(These) individual(s) is(are) not required to participate but must be there at all times to provide supervision.
4. SET-UP & TAKE-DOWN
- The Studio does not provide tables or chairs. You are responsible for providing and setting up tables and chairs ahead of time. Please provide adequate table space for each participant to lay a 16" x 20" canvas in front of them (we do not use easels), a paint palette, brushes, and a water cup.
- The Studio does not provide protective table coverings. While the paint we use is typically washable, it might permanently stain some surfaces. We highly recommend you protect your table(s) by using a disposable table covering(s).
- The venue must be made available to the Studio one hour prior to the Private Paint Party start time and half an hour after the Private Paint Party end time, so as to enable the Studio to set-up and take-down art materials.
5. MISSING/LATE PARTICIPANTS & PRIVATE PAINT PARTY EXTENSIONS
- Ms. Rose will start your Private Paint Party at the reserved time regardless of missing/late participants. Ms. Rose will do her best to catch up late-arriving participants, however, please note that instructions for said participants will be condensed so as to fulfill overall instructions for the group within the reserved time period.
- Please note, every artist creates at a unique pace and it is common for some participants to not finish their painting within 1.5 hours. If Ms. Rose's schedule permits, you are welcome to extend the Private Paint Party hours to accommodate late finishers. Additional time is charged at $25/30-minute increment and is due in full at the end of the Private Paint Party, before Ms. Rose leaves.
Please ensure participants wear art-friendly clothes as making art is messy and may result in permanent stains. We do not provide smocks/aprons.
8. INDEMNITY CLAUSE
Neither the Studio, any of the art instructors, nor any of the assistants shall ever be held liable (jointly or severally) to you, the participants, or any of your respective estates or representatives, for personal injury or any incidental, indirect, or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages resulting from loss, whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the Private Paint Party. Under no circumstance shall the total liability of the Studio, any of the art instructors, or any of the assistants for any damages or losses arising from the Private Paint Party exceed the maximum amount of the price of the Private Paint Party for which you paid.